Day 16: Current Skin Care Routine
Right guys so, skin care is something I’ve really only sort of just started getting into, in fact, it was my new year’s resolution, to have a proper skincare routine that I followed every morning a night and actually I have been really good at following it, except of course if I’ve had a really big night out! I do however make sure I do remove my make up every night no matter what, which in the past wasn’t something I was very good at and I have really noticed a difference in my skin!
Essentially I use the same products both morning and night, except I swap out cleansers and moisturisers…
So my morning routine includes these following items, I’ll list them in the order that I use them!
- Neutrogena Spot Stress Control Daily Scrub
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution (Salicylic Acid is really good for cleaning out your pores!)
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (Helps fight blemishes)
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Rich Moisturiser (I like this because it feels quite rich and moisturising but you only need the tiniest amount and doesn’t feel heavy on the skin!)
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG (This is for your eyes and reduces both puffiness and pigmentation)
And my night time routine includes the following:
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Gentle Cleansing Facial Wash (I really like this, it leaves my skin feeling so clean and you only need the smallest amount!)
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil (Rose Hip Seed Oil is really good for balancing pigmentation and skin texture!)
And yeah they’re essentially the products I’ve settled on and use every day, I tried a few brands (both high end and cheaper) and different methods at the beginning of the year trying to find what worked for me and in the end, I have settled with this little routine! I think one of my favourite things is the price of the items I use, the most expensive item is the Rose Hip Oil at just under £10, all products range between £5-10!
I’ve sort of become obsessed with The Ordinary! I use one of their silicone based primers which I absolutely love, and today I’m trying their serum foundation for the first time so we’ll see how that goes, so far I am liking it!