Okay, guys, I think I want to start doing a monthly faves post each month… I’m going to start it this month and I’ll try for May and June, however, I will be travelling Europe so I may not have anything new to share. I’ll be limited to what I take with me as far as makeup and skincare and clothes etc… but I can try with things like new foods, restaurants, places, and wine. Anway lets get started on this month’s faves! I think, especially with the fashion faves I’ll insert a little grid of photos of the items I love so you can see, it’s hard to describe items without showing them (This would be so much easier for a vlogger!)
When it comes to skincare, it’s something that I’ve sort of really only started to get into this year. In fact, it was my new year’s resolution, to start taking care of my skin properly! So here is a list of what I’ve found to become my favourites, some I only started using this month but other’s I have been using a little longer but I thought I’d include them since this is my first faves post! (Check out my Skin Care routine post for explanations on why I use and love certain products Skincare Routine!)
- Boots Ingredients Cleansing and Purifying and the Energising and Revitalising sheet masks! (I tried 4/5 of them but those two were my faves)
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
- Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask (the green tea one)
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Gentle Cleansing Wash
- Dead Sea Spa Magik Rich Moisturiser
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
This month I have been trying all new sorts of brands and products, here are some that I just keep reaching for!
- Cody Airspun Loose Setting Powder in Naturally Neutral
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (Yes I know this old, but I’ve only just bought it)
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation
- The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner (I love this shampoo and conditioner, when I was blonde it was my lifesaver and now that I have the blonde on the ends of my hair it really just prolongs the colour and stops its changing)
- Vitamin D tablets – Last year I went to a doctor about my energy levels and he told me I should start taking vitamin D tablets in fact, he actually said: “Anyone who lives in the U.K really should be taking them”. Anyway I bought them but I’m really bad at taking a pill regularly, I just forget but anyway the last sort of 8 weeks I’ve been continuously taking them and I have really noticed a change in my energy and my mood, I actually want to go out and do things after work instead of coming straight home and sleeping! The other day I found myself willingly walking around the shops browsing after a shift, that is literally something I’ve never done because I’ve always been too exhausted!
- My Mirena! – I was writing an explanation for this but I felt like it was too long, should I do a separate post as to why I’ve ended up with the Mirena as my contraception choice and why I love it? Let me know in the comments!
- Mom Jeans, I’m probably behind on this bandwagon but I’ve always been a skinny jean person but this past month I can’t get enough of my Mom jeans!
- My rose gold Adidas Stan Smith Shoes – OBSESSED!
- My chocolate brown leather Ashwell backpack! (It was expensive but I absolutely love it!
I’ve actually managed to read a fair bit this month, I’m currently swapping between a few books that I am loving!
- The Girl Online Series by Zoe Sugg! (I finished the 3 books in like a week but they were fun and easy to read, perfect for reading on the tube to work at 6 am when your brain isn’t working yet!)
- Exhausted to Energised – Dr Libbys Guide to Living Your Life with More Energy! – by Dr Libby Weaver
- Then She Was Gone – Lisa Jewell (This one was so good, the ending was so unexpected!)
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur (I’m not hugely into poetry but I love this, a girl from work was reading it and I had a flick through and immediately ordered it on Amazon)
Another thing I bought this month and am TOTALLY OBSESSED with it my Simple Modern Stainless Steel drink bottle! Another two of my goals this year was to use less plastic and drink more water and with this bottle I do!
I love that its stainless steel so it keeps my water super cold and fresh (I literally had it sitting in the sun when it was 26 and the outside was hot to touch but the water inside was still ice cold!) and I am using much less plastic than when I was just buying bottled water, I love it!
Anyway guys, these are all the things I have been obsessing over in April! I hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know what you guys have been obsessing over this month!