Alright guys, were at that time, its time for me to head back to Australia! Which is all very exciting, but does require 22 hours of flying!
I use the same carry on bag no matter how long the flight I am taking is, I just find its the perfect size, you can fit everything in it without putting too much in it if that makes any sense. I like using a backpack as my carry on instead of a smaller luggage bag or handbag purely because is so much easier to walk through a crowded airport with and it leaves you with both of your hands free.
I like to keep things in my carry on that I really couldn’t afford to lose or go without if, for example, my checked luggage went missing. I also like to take things that will obviously make the flight a lot more pleasant and enjoyable!
Whats in my bag:
- Charging cables for electronics
- Kindle/Book (I have been travelling with a Kindle lately just because it’s so much easier space wise)
- Chewing gum/mints
- A change of clothes! (I always like to dress comfortably getting on to a flight, so I’ll always pack something more presentable to change into before landing)
- Skincare (Nothing like recycled plane air to dry your skin out):
– Makeup wipes (I take either the Simple Quick Fix wipes or Neutrogena)
– Hydrating sheet masks (sheet masks are great because they don’t require you to wash them off)
– Brightening eye masks or a caffeinated eye serum ( none likes landing and looking like a zombie!)
– Hand Cream
– Lip Balm
– Hand Sanitizer
– Concealer + pressed powder ( I am not someone who feels comfortable travelling for long hours with a face of makeup so I tend to go barefaced and add just a little concealer and pressed powder before landing to make myself look a little more human)
- My own water bottle (ask an air steward to fill it up and I find it easier to stay hydrated!)
- A pen! (I seem to always have one but they’re super handy on flights just in case you need to fill in any paperwork)
- Painkillers (in case I start to feel a headache coming on)
- Comfy socks
- Headphones – I like to have both over-ear headphones for just general listening but I do find them quite uncomfortable to sleep in so I always have a pair of in-ear headphones (generally just the earphones that come with my iPhone)
- Neck Pillow
And that is essentially what I have packed in my carry on for a long haul flight!
If you’re only fly a short haul flight then check out my post on What’s in My Carry On – Short Haul Flights!